Saturday, January 7, 2012

A-line skirt

After reading Handmade Jane's blog about her Apple Print Ginger  skirt, a few months ago, I been looking for a pattern for A line skirts, I just fell in love with her skirt, but I didn't have a pattern for one, ever since then I've been  looking for a decent pattern.   Well, I think I found one, although not the same pattern she had, it's definitely easy.  So easy, I whipped up 2 skirts in about 2 hours.  It's M3341 and I used corduroy fabric.  The first one I made turned out too big, I had to take it in quite a bit. This is the second one I made and I made it a size smaller, it fit perfectly.  I was a little disappointed in the back, because of the vertical lines, it makes my butt look wider than it actually is.  Lesson learned, if I ever make a plaid skirt I will need to get extra fabric to match the vertical lines.  All in all I was pretty pleased with the outcome, I think it looks pretty good.  I'll definitely be using this pattern again.



2 comments:

  1. That is a darling skirt! (It does NOT make you look big in back) Thanks for the comment on my jacket. I wanted to let you know that the pattern is do-able by you. I needed a lot of petite adjustments as I cut it far too big. You can look at the review on PR. It's a great jacket and so light!!Make one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric and it turned out well. Drafting your own a line to your own measurements is pretty simple if you would like to try. I have a tutorial how and could answer any questions you might have.

    ReplyDelete