Monday, August 8, 2011

Recycled khaki jeans

Bare with me, this is my first post, not to mention my first attempt at recycling anything!  I took an old pair of bell bottom khaki jeans that belonged to my daughter and recycled them into slim fitting jeans.  I was so excited to get started that I forgot to take a picture before I started sewing,  so I finished one leg and took a picture, I hope you can tell the difference between them.















So I finally got a chance to take a picture in my new jeans, the top is made by me - New Look pattern 6939, shoes are rethrifted, I think it turned out pretty good for a first try.   Also I have to mention these jeans had some pretty bad grease spots, but I bought something called Grandma's secret spot remover, the stuff is amazing! Took the spots right out!

2 comments:

  1. I have lots of unused khaki jeans at home. Maybe I'll try to do what you did, I'm gonna make it slim fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    I soyvent uses this technique!
    You very successful!
    bravo

    ReplyDelete