Thursday, June 20, 2013

J. Crew inspired skirt

I was browsing the internet, looking for inspiration for summer apparel  when I came across this tutorial for a J. Crew inspired skirt (http://www.mygrowinghome.com), I thought it was a cute skirt and really simple, it didn't require a lot of fabric or time.  I happened to have just enough fabric in my stash to make this skirt.  

I don't know if you can tell by the picture, but the elastic doesn't go all the around the skirt, the elastic is attached about 1 1/2" from the edge of the skirt.  I was skeptical about this, but went ahead and followed the directions.  After trying on the skirt, I think it was a  great idea, it keeps the fabric from bunching up on the sides, making you look like you have wider hips than you actually have and who wants that, right? One thing I would change though, is the pockets, I would either alter them or get rid of them altogether, I found the square pockets kinda useless. All in all I really love the skirt and I can see making a couple more for the summer!






1 comment:

  1. Jamie, that is really cute, and in a summery print. Kinda brilliant with the elastic :-)

    ReplyDelete