Saturday, May 11, 2013

Split back top

In anticipation for summer, I started working on summer tops.  I had a pattern for an split back top, years ago, but when moving I decided to clean house and  donated all my "outdated" patterns.  Little did I know, I would give anything for them now.  But I figured, how hard could it be to split  a tee shirt in the back.  So I took Butterick 5493 view C and split the back open, I added a little flare and omitted the ruffle in the front.
As usual,  I did a rolled hem, I love this feature on my serger, it's so easy to do  and looks nice and neat.  I can't wait for a hot day to wear this top!




2 comments:

  1. Cute Jamie, and this will be fun to wear. Are you pairing it with denim?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absoluteley! I'm thinking dark denim!

    ReplyDelete