Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tweed Cape

This has been a project that was set aside last year, mostly because I screwed up cutting out the pattern and I didn't have enough fabric to correct my mistake.  This year I decided I would just make the best of it and try to salvage what I had.  I think it turned out pretty good considering my screwing it up.  The pattern didn't call for it to be lined, but I decided to line it because it would make it warmer and I thought the tweed would be to itchy on the skin.  I lined it with a black fleece and I'm so glad I did, it's so warm.  I contemplated several options for closures since I  decided not to go with buttons, because my buttonhole making skills are not the best and I wanted this to look nice, I settled on Chinese frog closures, I may change this and go with large toggles, they seem pretty easy to sew on.  All in all I'm pretty satisfied with the way it turned out, I just wish I hadn't waited  a year to finish.






1 comment:

  1. Love this cape. So wish I had have made one for this extra long winter we've just had. Fleece lining sounds perfect. Will bear that in mind when (and if) I ever get round to making one :-)

    ReplyDelete