Friday, September 7, 2012

Do these things only happen to me?

This post doesn't have anything to do with sewing, recycling or refashioning, but it does have to do with bitching!  I promised I would to that every once in while.  It all started with a recipe for Instant oatmeal mixture that I found on http://frugallysustainable.com.  First of all I have to tell you, this recipe is amazing, I will never buy individual flavored packages of oatmeal again. I have made it before, but this is one batch I had mixed for my daughter and hadn't given it to her.  I ran out of mine, so I thought I would eat one 1 bowl of hers (she would never notice).  At first it taste, I noticed something different, so I took a second bite.  This time it burned my mouth.  I knew instantly what went wrong.


Does this sort of thing happen to anyone else but me?!  I had the containers facing the wrong way in my cupboard, and I can see how I could easily have grabbed the wrong one.



I ruined the whole batch of instant oatmeal I'd made for my daughter, but I'm so glad I didn't give it to her and let her find out my mistake.  


So instead of this, I had this


It wasn't all bad, I got to try out my new cast iron skillet, and I must say I love it!




1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha that is too funny! I hope you didn't rub your eyes....THAT would be very uncomfortable and good thing you didnt feed it to your daughter first!

    ReplyDelete