Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Blanket throw


I haven't been doing much sewing, I haven't had anything to inspire or motivate me until this last weekend.  I 
stopped by Hancock fabrics to buy a zipper for a dress I'll be sewing for a wedding I will be attending later this month, and low and behold I saw this fleece I couldn't leave the store without, you see, I just spent the weekend helping my daughter move into her new apartment, she is a transfer student at U of  M.  I know she is looking forward to attending football games and she'll need something to keep her warm during those cold winter days.  I opted not to do the usual no-sew/tie knots, as I thought this would interfere with the print, so I  did a blanket stitch, mind you, I've never done a blanket stitch, never even heard of one, but I figured, how hard could it be.  Turns out it was harder than I thought, for some reason it took me awhile to figure it out and even then it took all day to do, but I thought it was well worth it.  I hope she likes it.


          




No comments:

Post a Comment