Sunday, March 25, 2012

Wristlets

I've been in a sewing slump lately, I 'm not sure why.  I have lots of ideas, but haven't actually put those ideas to  work, just lazy I guess.  For my post this week, I thought I would feature the projects that first got me back into sewing, and that was making purses, wristlets and makeup bags.  Although I gave a lot of them away as gifts, I still have a few left over for myself.  I started with a pattern from Noodlehead, this is actually called a gathered clutch, to which I added a wrist strap to make it a  wristlet.  This wristlet is very practical, you can carry everything you really need, keys, phone, compact, lipstick, and oh yes, credit cards and money.  I made some with detachable straps, so you could throw them in your tote and use it that way, rather than as a wristlet.
 The other pattern I used, I don't remember where I  got. I use it as a makeup bag, I also put a detachable strap on it , should you decide you don't need it.  I think it's the perfect size for a makeup bag, big enough for all your essentials, yet small enough to fit in your bag.




No comments:

Post a Comment