Saturday, December 17, 2011

Coral slip

I've been following a sew-a-long over at pattern~scissors~cloth.  Sherry has a self designed pattern for an awesome slip, so when I heard she was doing a sew-a-long using her pattern, I had to participate.  I'm not quite finished yet, I haven't decided if I will do spaghetti straps or store bought adjustable straps, either way I will have to make another trip to Hancock Fabrics, so it won't be till next week when I get done, but I couldn't wait until then to submit something to  Sew & Tell Saturday over at Sew Country Chick.
Any way this is what I have done  so far:




 I've never cut anything on the bias, so I was a little skeptical cutting this out, I was afraid I would mess it up and it wouldn't hang nicely, but over all I think I did a pretty good job and cutting it out wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, you just have to be more careful and not pull on the fabric when cutting it out and handling it.

3 comments:

  1. Love the coral! Very pretty. One day I'll be brave enough to work with lace and silk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely beautiful! Great job with the bias and lace...also I love the coral.

    ReplyDelete