Sunday, November 11, 2012

Asymmetrical Leopard top

I love leopard prints I've seen in stores lately, but I've come to realize, all leopard print tops are not created equal, for example, the one I recently made for myself.  I fell in love with this print at the store and I thought I'd found the perfect pattern for it, turns out I was wrong!  This is what the top is suppose to look like:





This is what the top I made looked like:



Trust me this is as good as it gets!  I was laughing so hard I couldn't take a decent picture.  What's wrong with the top, you ask?  Well let me tell you, IT MAKES ME LOOK FAT!!  It feels like its twisted, I think partly because it has no front and back, the back and front are cut from the same pattern piece, and the asymmetrical sleeves gives you feeling like you made a mistake and cut
one sleeve shorter than the other.  After making this top, I read the reviews for this pattern and found a lot of people had the same problem with it feeling like it was twisting on you, had I read the reviews first, I probably wouldn't have wasted my perfect leopard print on this top, but oh well, maybe I can pass it on to someone as a X-mas gift!  ha! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment